An innovative looper that covers a lot of familiar ground and opens up some new spaces as well.
- 48khz / 24bit Stereo audio
- 32 MB of RAM (86 seconds)
- 2 Selectable Line / Mic Input
- Pulse Sync Out, adjustable PPQ
- Expression pedal Input with 3 dedicated modes
- 9 assignable switches (5 footswitch + 4 tactswitch) can be individually set to toggle or sustain
- Switch configurations are stored in 99 GAMES (50 factory, 49 user).
- Classic EDP* Functions: Record, Overdub, Replace, Multiply, Insert, Trig, Mute, Start.
- Up to 127 levels of Undo.
- ReadFX: Pitch, Reverse, Stutter, Drift, Auto-Follow, Redux, Pitch Modulation (Sine, Random)
- Adjustable High Pass and Low Pass filters in the feedback loop.
- Adjustable Quantization of Functions and ReadFX.
- Unique SCROLL function lets you move the playback loop around in the memory.
- Audio Bootloader for easy update (future versions of the os).
*Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro
All of the following functions can be assigned to any switch, and for each switch you can choose between Toggle and Sustain behaviour.
Some Functions have variants that can be unquantized or quantized to either the Quantize-Clock(/Q) or to the Bar-Clock(/B). The Quantize-Clock can be set to whole, half, quarter, eighth, or sixteenth notes.
- Record, Record BPM (preset tempo): Record a first loop
- Overdub, /B, /Q: Add layers to your loop
- Replace, /B, /Q: Replace part (or all) of your loop
- Substitute, /B, /Q: Same as Replace except that new material is played on the following cycle
- Insert, /B, /Q: Lengthen your loop by inserting new material
- Instut, /B, /Q: Copy part of your loop and instantly insert it
- Multiply, /R*, /B, /Q: Change loop length (shorter or longer) by multiplying it while overdubbing
- Stack, /R, /B, /Q: Spread your overdubs out over several cycles
- Pause: Pause playback (and sync out)
- Mute, /B, /Q: Mute audio output (sync out still runs)
- Mutrig, /B, /Q: Mute then Trigger your loop (sync out stops on mute, resumes on trigger)
- Start, /Q: Set your loop start point,
- Trig, /Q: Trigger loop from the start point
- Undo: Erase the latest function, (up to 127 levels)
- Reset: Puts loupé in ready state, to start a new loop from scratch
- Scroll: Shift the loop-window back and forth in increments from whole to sixteenth notes
To set up ReadFX, select values from the following parameters:
- Toggle/Sustain: Set switch behaviour
- Dry/Wet: Set the volume balance of the effect in relation to the dry sound (10/0 to 0/10)
- Feedback: ReadFX can be fed into the feedback path letting you record the result (0 to 10)
- Pitch: Change playback speed in semitones (-12 to +12)
- Reverse: Read loop backwards. Either stay in the loop or use infinite mode
- Stutter: Create mini-loops of rhythmic* length or micro loops at pitch intervals (E1-E4)
- Auto-Follow: Automatically retrigger Pitch, Stutter and Reverse at rhythmic* intervals
- Drift: Set speed at which Stutter-loop start-point shifts over time, either backwards or forwards
- LFO: Affects pitch. Set Shape (sine, random), Rate and Amount
- Redux: Change the playback sample rate for a lo-fi sound
All these effects can be combined, allowing complex combinations such as:[Reverse] + [Pitch+12] + [Stutter 8th note dotted] + [Auto-Follow 1] + [LFO sine, 1hz, amount 8]
*Rhythmic intervals: 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 all values have triplet, dotted, quintuplet and septuplet modifiers (quintuplet and septuplet are actually groupings of five and seven of the relevant subdivision)
Loupé has 99 memory slots (50 factory, 49 user) called Games.
Each Game contains a switch configuration and global parameter settings.
The five footswitches on the pedal correspond to the five LEDS which are the basic looping functions.
These are labelled on the pedal. However, any function can be assigned to any switch (footswitch or tactswitch) in either toggle or sustain mode and be stored in a Game in one of the 49 user slots.
Games can be copied from one slot to another, allowing you to create Game variants for dope live performance.
Of course Games can be selected and edited on the fly without affecting loop playback.
These are the global parameters associated with each Game:
- QuantDiv: Set the Quantize-Clock (1, 2, 4, 8, 16)
- Sync: Set Pulse Per Quarter note output (off, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 24, 48)
- ScrollDiv: Set the increment of loop-window shifting (1, 2, 4, 8, 16)
- LPF: Low-pass filter (20hz – 5khz)
- HPF: High-pass filter (500hz – 24khz)
- ForceDry: Distinct mode suited to looping with continuous sources (radio, video…)
- Exp: Choose between three modes for the expression pedal (Feedback, Swell1, Swell2)
PRE ORDERS !
Hi Guys !
We got bad news about the next batch.
As you maybe know the pandemic drived to massive electronic component shortage. Loupé production is affected by this, some parts are unavailable, and other parts (like the CPU we use) price increased about 300% !
Accordingly we decided to increase the retail price by ten percent, and we’re now planning the release for December 1st.
Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for your understanding.